Greenwich Play Streets
Play Streets give kids the chance to play freely and safely on their doorstep.
How do I apply for a Play Street?
- First, contact email@example.com to find out if your street is eligible (i.e. residential with no bus route).
- Once it is confirmed your street is eligible, talk to your neighbours about having a Play Street.
- Build up support for a Play Street. We recommend you have the support of five residents on your street. Download a letter template to give to your neighbours.
- Have your five neighbours sign in support of Play Streets.
- Submit the application form and your five supporting signatures
- Plan a Play Street trial date. Play Streets are a regular event, but it’s a good idea to begin with a one-off ‘trial’ play street session so everyone sees for themselves how great it is.
Benefits of Play Streets
- More active, happy children (with friends next door)
- Friendlier, safer communities (where people know their neighbours)
- Regular opportunities for everyone to have fun
How can we help?
Apply for funding
If you would like to run a Play Street, although you don’t need any funding, you may be able to get a little to support your Play Street – perhaps to buy some new toys for the street, for example.
Councillors use the ward budget scheme to support projects run by local groups for the benefit of their communities. Each ward has a one-off pot of money of £30,000 and groups can bid for a portion of this to support their projects. Find out more.
Helping you Live Well in Greenwich
Live Well Greenwich Line
Call FREE: 0800 470 4831
Mon-Thurs 8.30am-7.30pm Fri 8.30am-5.30pm Sat 9am-12 noon
(a message can be left outside of these hours).