Give your family the best start in life
What is Healthy Start?
If you’re pregnant or have children under 4 years old, you can get free vouchers to spend on:
- Cow’s milk or infant formula milk
- Fresh, frozen or tinned fruit and veg
- Fresh, dried and tinned pulses
You can also get free vitamins for mum and children.
What vouchers do I get?
- £4.25 each week (starting from week 10) of your pregnancy
- £8.50 each week per child (from birth to 1 year old)
- £4.25 each week per child (between 1 and 4 years old)
- Free Healthy Start Vitamins for you and your child
In Greenwich, all pregnant women also receive free vitamins at their first appointment with their midwife.
Where can I use my vouchers?
You can use your vouchers at local shops, supermarkets and pharmacies.
You can also use your vouchers at Children’s Centre’s fruit and veg stalls and Woolwich Market. Look out for the Healthy Start sticker in shop windows, or ask inside.
You can exchange your green coupons for vitamins at all Children’s Centres and some Health Centres and baby clinics too.
How do I apply?
1. Get an application form from one of the following places:
- Your local Children’s Centre
- Your midwife or local health visiting team
- You can also download a copy here to print out at home
2. Fill in the application form carefully in black ink using CAPITAL letters.
3. Make sure all the information on the form is correct and that you have signed and date it.
4. Mail in your form using the address below. You do not need a stamp, this is a free postal address:
Healthy Start Issuing Unit
PO Box 1067
Once you’re on the scheme you’ll start receiving vouchers regularly so the sooner you can apply the better.
The Greenwich Stop Smoking Service offers pregnant women free support to help with stopping smoking. Find out more.
Helping you Live Well in Greenwich
Live Well Greenwich Line
Call FREE: 0800 470 4831
Mon-Thurs 8.30am-7.30pm Fri 8.30am-5.30pm Sat 9am-12 noon
(a message can be left outside of these hours).