There are over 20 Children’s Centres in the borough of Greenwich alone. They are all UNICEF Baby Friendly accredited and part of the Healthy Early Years award scheme.
Children’s Centres offer Mums, Dads, children and families help and advice on:
- Early years education
- After school activities
- Advice for parents or guardians with children who have special needs and disabilities
- Information about childcare services and funding to support childcare costs.
They offer family support and parental outreach such as:
- Home visits for families who require early help support.
- Support and advice on parenting
- Ways to increase a Dad’s involvement in their baby’s life.
And they also offer children and family health services including:
- Antenatal advice
- Breastfeeding drop-ins
- Mental health and emotional support
- Help to stop smoking
- Healthy cooking workshops
- Nursery nurse and health visitor advice sessions
- Parent and child sessions to help families eat well and get active
- Information and guidance on breastfeeding, hygiene, nutrition and safety
Helping you Live Well in Greenwich
Live Well Greenwich Line
Call FREE: 0800 470 4831