If you’re vulnerable & self-isolating without family/friends who can help, call the Greenwich Community Hub for support from 8.30am to 6pm, on: 0800 470 4831.
Live Well Greenwich is also still offering its usual support with money, housing, staying healthy, work and benefits, and staying connected. Call 0800 470 4831.
Below are some changes to Live Well Greenwich:
Live Well Coaches/Live Well line
- Live Well Greenwich Coaches will be suspending their face-to-face sessions until further notice. Lots of support is still available over the phone with the Live Well Greenwich line. Call 0800 470 4831 to talk to a friendly voice.
- Staying active is important for both our physical and mental health. There are lots of tips, ideas and support available here.
- All Active for Health classes are suspended until further notice. If you have attended an Active for Health class before, you will be contacted by phone where someone will provide you with more information and answer questions you may have.
- GLL/Better has suspended all specialist Healthwise Services including Cardiac, COPD and Cancer Rehabilitation sessions.
- There’s no better time to keep moving at home. Why not try some of the ideas on Sport England, We Are Undefeatable or Change4Life.
- Family Fund is holding live family fitness sessions for all. Keep active and join us for lots of fun and games, every weekday at 11am. Links below:
Primary Care Centres
- Live Well Greenwich Primary Care Centres, specifically Health Checks, LARC and face to face smoking cessation are suspended. Stop smoking telephone support is still available via the Live Well line. Call 0800 470 4831.
- Eating a healthy, balanced diet is just as important for your physical and mental health at the moment. Good Food in Greenwich has lots of tips, ideas and support available.
- GCDA have put together a list of local food businesses and organisations that are offering a delivery or takeaway service during this period for local residents.
Although we can’t meet face-to-face, if you are breastfeeding, there is still support available:
– Telephone contact is available for all antenatal, 6 to 8 week and 1 and 2 year developmental reviews.
– Greenwich Health Visitor health advice sessions and Greenwich Breastfeeding Groups have been suspended until further notice.
If you would like to speak to a Health Visitor please contact the Greenwich Health Visiting Service on 020 8836 8621, available Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm.
Greenwich Sexual Health
- For sexual health related support or advice, please call the Sexual Health Office between 10.00am and 6.00pm on 0208 305 5005 or visit the GSH Website at www.greenwichsexualhealth.org.
Looking after your mental wellbeing
- Being asked to stay at home, working from home or self-isolating, either on your own or with your family, can be difficult, lonely or stressful. It’s OK to feel like this – everyone reacts in their own way to challenging events and uncertainty.
- There are lots of things you can try that could help improve your mood during this challenging time and reduce worries and anxieties.
- Visit our ‘Look After You’ hub for lots of advice and tips around trying to relax, manage anxieties and generally looking after your mental wellbeing.